Juice Wrld

Jarod Anthony Higgins, better known as Juice Wrld was born on December 2, 1998. His mother Carmella Wallace gave birth to him in Chigaco, Illinois. Jarod’s parents got divorced when he was 3 years old and his mother was left to raise him and his older brother as a single mother. He was raised in the south suburbs of Illinois. Not much is mentioned about his childhood so it’s assumed it was pretty normal.

At the age of four years old he learned to play piano, he also took drum and guitar lessons. And later on in his middle school years, he played trumpet in the school band. He always had a love for music even from a very young age. Juice’s mother was very religious and forbid him from listening to hip-hop music so his love of music began with rock songs from the video games he played. 

Jarod attended Homewood-Flossmoor High School for his education. Freshman year he began discovering his talent and then in his sophomore year of high school, he began considering rap as a future career.  Juice WRLD got an interest in rock and pop music after listening to bands like ‘Black Sabbath,’ ‘Blink 182,’ and ‘Panic at the Disco.’. 

In 2015 his career began. Jarod released his first song “Forever” on Soundcloud. Jarod started by using the name “JuicetheKidd” before deciding on Juice Wrld. After the first release, Jarod kept putting out more music on SoundCloud. He was using his phone to record these songs. 

In 2017 he collaborated with the popular ‘Internet Money’ to make a song which brought clout to his name. Soon after he released his still most popular hit, Lucid Dreams. Lucid Dreams had over 2.5 million plays on SoundCloud. And now has more than 1.5 billion views on Spotify, Lucid Dreams is still one of the most played songs on the platform. The song is also certified 6x platinum by the RIAA. 

After Lucid Dreams, Jarod’s fame only increased. He released 2 more albums, Goodbye and Good Riddance and Death Race for Love. Both albums featured more hits like All Girls are the Same and Robbery. Jarod was only 19 years old when he started releasing huge songs and making millions of dollars in his first two years of becoming famous. 

Juice Wrld had his problems though. He had an addiction to drugs and alcohol, a really bad addiction. And he is open about his addictions in his songs and the struggles he goes through. He went sober for a while because it was deteriorating his health but then got back on the drugs. In his songs, he says that drugs were his way to escape reality. He had been through a lot of heartbreak, which is also what the majority of his songs are about. 

A couple of months after Death Race for Love was released Juice Wrld passed away on December 8, 2019, due to overdose. His death led many to be heartbroken cause he was only 21 years old and his successful career was just beginning. He never deserved to die so early on in his life. In one of his songs, he says “If it wasn’t for the pills I wouldn’t be here, but if I keep taking these pills I won’t be here.” I feel like this is one of the most real bars in the song. Jarod was so talented and it’s so sad that he’s gone. 

After he passed away one last album was released from his songs that were pre-recorded. And a lot of that album is real stuff. He lets us look into his life and everything he was going through. Wishing Well is the most real song. Overall Juice Wrld will always be missed, he never deserved this.