Do You Like Elevators?

Do You Like Elevators?

Do you like elevators? Wound you if you found a body crushed by one? Last month on September 14, a Boston University Professor was found dead. The woman was found pinned between the wall of the shaft and the elevator. Carrie O’Connor was 38 years old when she died a gruesome death. Boston University had blamed this tragic accident on human error not mechanical failure, the inspector said ¨ there is no indication that any malfunction occurred with the elevator.” 

The professor Carrie O’Connor was found dead, crushed to death in her apartment’s elevator thanks to a box. The Medical term that was used in Carries autopsy was traumatic asphyxiation. The 60 year old elevator was a ¨Birdcage¨ style where you have to close the door manually. Mrs. O’Connor wasn’t able to close the door intime, because of the 80 pound package she was carrying. (If you don´t understand the elevator style, it’s what was used in Harry Potter.) The box was 7 and a half feet tall, Carrie had moved it in the elevator. The box had accidentally slipped out of her hand and hit a switch. The switch that she had pressed that tells the lift that the doors closed and allowed it to move. At the same time a person in the basement had called for the elevator, which made the elevator drop towards the basement. 

As Mrs. O´Connor who was not safely secure inside or had the door closed plummeted towards the floor. She had briefly stopped the elevator drop when she moved the box slipped of the button. Then she moved and lifted the box again and pressed the elevator switch. She had disappeared from the camera’s film which suggests that she had fallen backwards down the elevator shaft. Many people heard her screams, and were shocked when the body was found. Resident Leanne Scorzoni said “I heard someone that was bringing in a package out in the hallway, and then I heard an ungodly scream¨. As various residents ran out to the hall they saw a man that was screaming and hyperventilating as he cried out ¨ She’s dead! She’s dead!¨

Many people were shocked and mourn the death of the greatly known French College Professor. Carrie O’Connor the 38 year old woman had died in a tragic death that will always be remmbered by her students. Although the inspector said it was human error any people beleave that her death was thanks to the 60 year old birdcage elevator.