• January 23

• January 3This is a test breaking news headline.

Filed under News

School Cancelled After Fire

Classes at Cameron High School have been cancelled on Wednesday after the school went up in flames. EMS director Jeff Fishel, said that the fire started around eight fifty on Tuesday night. Firefighters report that there were no injuries during the school fire and what caused the fire is under investigation.

Hoping to get the students back in by next week if they get the all call from the fire marshal saying that it is safe for faculty members and students.Investigators have determined that the fire had started in the high school office. They believe that it could have started from electrical issues. However, the administration office and the gym are a complete loss. According to Cameron Superintendent Jim Caughern, that they can house students and teachers but will need the internet service and the all clear to return back to school. The fire did not destroy everything as firefighters and staff members were able to salvage trophies and memorabilia before being engulfed into the flames.

Several communities showed up to help battle the flames of the high school. Including Pocola Fire Department, LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office, Poteau Fire Department and the Pocola Police Department. According to the Poteau Fire Chief it took about an hour and a half to suppress the fire and the hot spots until four o’clock that morning. Witnesses said that it was devastating and heartbreaking moment to see that the school had burned so quickly.  

Image result for cameron high school fire